All entries arranged in alphabetical order of surname. Major contributions are listed by individual name with some detail on the nature of the contribution(s), date, contact info, etc. Minor contributions (typo corrections, etc.) are listed by name only for reasons of brevity. Please understand that when I classify a contribution as “minor,” it is in no way inferior to the effort or value of a “major” contribution, just smaller in the sense of less text changed. Any and all contributions are gratefully accepted. I am indebted to all those who have given freely of their own knowledge, time, and resources to make this a better book!
- Date(s) of contribution(s):October 2005 to present
- Nature of contribution:Ch 1, added permitivity, capacitor and inductor formulas, wire table; 10/2005.
- Nature of contribution:Ch 1, expanded dielectric table, 10232.eps, copied data from Volume 1, Chapter 13; 10/2005.
- Nature of contribution: Mini table of contents, all chapters except appedicies; html, latex, ps, pdf; See Devel/tutorial.html; 01/2006.
- Nature of contribution: Changed CH2 from “Resistor color codes” to “Color codes”; Added wiring color codes; 10/2007.
- Contact at: dcrunkilton(at)att(dot)net
Alejandro Gamero Divasto
- Date(s) of contribution(s): January 2002
- Nature of contribution: Suggestions related to troubleshooting: caveat regarding swapping two similar components as a troubleshooting tool; avoiding pressure placed on the troubleshooter; perils of "team" troubleshooting; wisdom of recording system history; operator error as a cause of failure; and the perils of finger-pointing.
Tony R. Kuphaldt
- Date(s) of contribution(s): 1996 to present
- Nature of contribution: Original author.
- Contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name here
- Date(s) of contribution(s): Month and year of contribution
- Nature of contribution: Insert text here, describing how you contributed to the book.
- Contact at: email@example.com
Typo corrections and other “minor” contributions
- The students of Bellingham Technical College's Instrumentation program.
- Bernard Sheehan (January 2005), Typographical error correction in "Right triangle trigonometry" section Chapter 5: TRIGONOMETRY REFERENCE (two formulas for tan x the second one reads tan x = cos x/sin x it should be cot x = cos x/sin x– changes to 01001.eps previously made)
- Michiel van Bolhuis (April 2007) Typo Ch 1, s/picofards/picofarads.
- Chirvasuta Constantin (April 2003) Identified error in quadratic equation formula.
- Colin Creitz (May 2007) Chapters: several, s/it's/its.
- Jeff DeFreitas (March 2006)Improve appearance: replace “/" and ”/" Chapters: A1, A2.
- Gerald Gardner (January 2003) Suggested adding Imperial gallons conversion to table.
- Geoff Hosking (July 2006) Typo correction in Conductors and Insulators chapter, Critical Temperatures of Superconductors: s/degrees Kelvin/Kelvins.
- Harvey Lew (??? 2003) Typo correction in Trig chapter: "tangent" should have been "cotangent".
- Len Nunn (May 2008) Typo correction in Calculus chapter: "dx/d(a^x)" in error, 11042.png .
- Don Stalkowski (June 2002) Technical help with PostScript-to-PDF file format conversion.
- Joseph Teichman (June 2002) Suggestion and technical help regarding use of PNG images instead of JPEG.
- Mark44@allaboutcircuits.com (March 2008) Ch 4, Clarification of division by zero.
- Timothy Unregistered@allaboutcircuits.com (Feb 2008) Changed default roman font to newcent.
- Imranullah Syed (Feb 2008) Suggested centering of uncaptioned schematics.
- Unregistered@allaboutcircuits.com (Aug 2008) formatting of PDF off pps 130-136.